The Research & Innovation department at Buckinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust is able to support researchers in their applications up to & including project approval / study set up. We are able to support researchers & sponsors with the following:
- application for approval of a study at one of our sites
- contract negotiation
- costing of research
- study feasibility meetings to enable delivery
- advice from our patient & public engagement lead
- advice on funding opportunities
- advice on innovation, intellectual property & commercialisation
- ethics advice
- source resources through the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR)
- build a link with the Thames Valley Local Research Network to build the Trust national portfolio research within your specialty
- advice in writing a protocol
- advice in finding projects in which you can act as a Trust investigator
- notify you of Trust research awards
When we move into our new purpose built research hub (opening March 2019), we will have one of the best clinical research facilities in the region to conduct NIHR portfolio & commercial studies.
Do you need ethics approval?
Please read The National Research Ethics Service (NRES) guidance to help you decide if your project requires review by a Research Ethics Committee.
Is my study research?
If you're not sure if your project is research, please go to the Health Research Authority decision tool.
Or for more information please contact:
Nicola Higgins – Research Operations Manager
01296 41 8124